by Laura Bray
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 1 hour
Gift bags, made from felt, are a great solution for Easter gift & candy giving. It can be difficult to store Easter Baskets when you have limited space. Instead, consider gifting with these reusable, felt gift bags. When emptied of candy, they can be stored flat.
- 12” X 18” Sheet of
Kunin Premium Felt:
- Assorted felt scraps in Easter/Spring colors. This is a great project for using up all those little pieces of felt leftover from other projects. Use the scraps to cut flower shapes (by hand or die cut), or any other design pieces you want to decorate your egg shape with.
- Baby Pompom Fringe in White (optional)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut a piece of black felt into a 6” x 16” rectangle. Fold in half, bringing short sides together. Mark the fold by creasing with your finger. Decide which side will be the front of the bag.
- Cut out an egg shape from white felt. Make sure it fits, centered on the front half of your black felt.
- Decorate the egg shape with felt flowers and other elements you cut from the felt scraps. Glue or stitch in place on the egg.
- Stitch the egg, centered, onto the front side of black felt. You can hand stitch or use a sewing machine.
- Add pom pom trim onto the bag if desired.
- Once the egg design and trim have been stitched to the front of the bag, fold it in half, design side facing in.
- Sew up each long side of the bag.
- Turn bag right side out, slip in gifts and candy. Happy Spring!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
About Designer Laura Bray
Laura Bray lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their daughter, and a guinea pig named Oreo. She loves to create beautiful and functional projects with felt. To see more of her felt creations, visit her blog at www.laurabraydesigns.com. She also collects felt craft projects on her Pinterest board at https://www.pinterest.com/laurabraydesigns/felt-crafts/