by Debra Quartermain
I love Bunnies and Spring time, don’t you just love everything about Spring?! Wood hoops are a trend we continue to love too! Combine pretty felt spring colors, trims and a Peep inspired bunny to make this “Hippity Hop” Welcome Hoop for your front door or mantel.
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 2 Hours
- You will need:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Felt Polka Dot Co-ordinates: 1 Lagoon, 1 Pink, 1 Candy Pink
- 12” x 18” craft cut of Kunin Premiumfelt: 1 White https://www.kuninfelt.com/felt-collections/kunin-classics/
- 2 yards each of White, Pink Lorlana Baby Pom pom Trim IR8115WH https://www.expointl.com/lorlana-baby-pompom-fringe-trim-3-8/
- 2 yards each of Pink, Ric Rac IR6857 https://www.expointl.com/1-2-rayon-medium-ric-rac-trim/
- 18” square Fabric
- Fabri-tac Adhesive by Beacon https://www.beaconadhesives.com/product/fabri-tac/ (dries clear, is flexible and washable)
- 1” White Iron Letters from Joy USA
- 2 yards of co-ordinating Ribbon
- Lace and trim scraps
- 12” Hoop
- Small amount of Easter grass
- Scissors, pencil, paper, measuring tape, ruler, pins or clips.
- Trace a Peep’s pattern onto felt. (Find a Peep’s pattern on Pinterest.) Cut out rounding head slightly cutting off ears. Use glue to adhere white pom pom trim to one side of felt. Pull slightly to go around curves.
- Cut two 9”” lengths of pom pom trim from pink and two 18” white for ears. Cut one 12” length of both pink and white for tail.
- Glue the piece of white trim to the corresponding pink trim for tail. Fold the pink pom pom ear pieces in half and glue. Fold the white ear pom pom pieces in half and glue halves together.
- Begin rolling the tail length into a circle. Add glue along the length as needed.
- Fold pink ear pieces in half. Add white a white piece around each pink center
- Place fabric in hoop. I used the hoop in reverse to create more dimension. Trim fabric close to hoop.
- Begin braiding ric rac trim together. (It is designed to weave together easily.) Glue around wood edge beginning at top of hoop.
- Cut egg shapes from polka dot felt and decorate with scraps pf lace and ric rac.
- Glue bunny into hoop. Glue tail, ears and eggs in place.
- Tie a bow for neck of bunny. Tie another loop to hang hoop from top.
- Add grass in around the eggs.
- Peel and stick letters around edge of hoop. Hang and enjoy!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Follow along with us on Instagram @kuninfeltbrand!
Create, make & diy with Kunin Felt! #createwithkunin