By Debra Quartermain
Gnomes, they just bring a smile! These gnomes are a perfect pair for holiday décor. I have a cute pair on my mantel. Easy no sew!
Skill level: Beginner
Time: 2 Hours
Kunin Premiumfelt: one each 12” x 18” craft cut of Lagoon, Smoke
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: one 12” cone, 1” ball (for each gnome)
Sock, 2” toe scrap
Bells, three 3/4”, one 1” silver
Snowflakes, three 1”, one 1” white
Chunky white yarn, 10 yards
Low-temp glue gun
Cardboard, 4” x 8”
Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins; pencil, ruler
To make one Gnome:
1. Wrap lower end of cone with a 3” width of felt. Overlap ends, trim and glue. Use bottom of cone to trace a circle. Cut out and glue to bottom of cone.
2. Hat: Roll remaining piece of felt around remainder of cone. Overlap ends, trim and glue. Remove hat. Glue bells or snowflakes to front and large bell on top.
3. Cover ball with sock scrap. Pull tight, trim off excess and glue.
4. Wrap yarn around cardboard. Insert an 8” piece of yarn through wrapped yarn. Tie. Clip through one edge of the yarn.
5. Glue yarn section to front of cone overlapping lower felt by ½”. Repeat step 4 to fill in back of cone.
6. Glue nose ball to center front of cone snug to beard. Place hat on gnome. Add more beard yarn sections if needed.
These holidays gnomes were also featured on Crafts ‘n Coffee.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Happy Crafty Holidays!
Making this? Be sure to use our official hashtag #createwithkunin