By Rina Gonzales
Merry Holidays to you! I am really excited to share a fun way to use your sparkly stash to create Simply Gorgeous Holiday Tags with Kunin Felt. Let’s get started.
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 1-2 Hours
You will need:
• Cardstock in red and greed for tags (or pre-cut tags in white/kraft from your local craft store)
• 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt in White, Yellow and Lagoon (for mini ornament and snowflake)
• 9” x 12” craft cut Kunin Classicfelt in White Dot on Red (for tree)
• 9” x 12” craft cut Kunin Classicfelt in Lagoon (for tree)
• 9’ x 12” craft cut Kunin Classicfelt in Yellow
• 1 yard Ric rac in off-white
• Large and small gems – assorted colors
• Sequins – assorted colors
• Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
• Optional: Sizzix Big Shot
• Optional: Sizzix Dies for tags and holiday shapes, suggested XL Dies are: Christmas Tree #3, Tags #3, Christmas Tree, Ornament, Snowflake & Stocking
Cut your cardstock and felt pieces:
• Cut your red and green tags
• Cut the WHITE felt to make the snowflake and the mini ornament, cut small pieces of YELLOW and LAGOON felt to decorate the mini ornament
• Cut the WHITE DOT ON RED felt to make a tree
• Cut the LAGOON felt to make a tree
• Designer Note: The awesome feature of felt is that you can cut it to make your own unique shape! You can easily cut the felt to create a tree, ornament or snowflake with your own imagination.
Next, you can adhere your alphabet letters to the bottom right edge of your card. TIP: Apply the letters starting at the bottom right edge to make sure your words “Be Merry” will fit.
Take time to practice writing “To:” and “From:” on a scratch piece of paper. Once you are ready to write on the tags, write in different spots of the tags depending on where you want to place your felt pieces.
Now you can glue your felt piece to your tag, you can use Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue to adhere the felt and the embellishments. After you have the felt situated on the tag, then you can use the gems, sequins and ric rac to embellish your tag. I pulled out all of my sparkly stash and embellished all of the tags so that my family knows I put a lot of handmade love into their gift!
Add a string to the tag and you are done! You can now attach the tag to a gift or gift bag.
Thank you for visiting the Kunin Felt Blog, there are so many cute holiday ideas from the Kunin Design Team this month and a craft project is a great way to bring calm and happiness during the busy holiday season.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a very Happy New Year!
Owner of Create Studio Fresno & Founder of Crafty Happy Hour
You are invited to my studio in Fresno, California – stop by my studio, it is located at 1419 M Street in Downtown Fresno. It is open every month on First Thursday (5 pm to 8 pm) and Second Saturday (Noon to 4 pm). I also host craft workshops every Last Friday of the month from 6 pm to 8 pm. If you have family or friends in the area, please spread the word about my studio, we love new crafty friends!