This Felt Holiday Garland Kit is so much fun to create. I love it because it is a great simple project that can be done in a group, at a party or in a workshop. I am going to give you the directions to make the kit and also show you some examples of garland pieces. I am pretty excited about this one because I made this kit for sixty of my Denver blogger friends for our holiday party! I love spreading opportunity for creativity and festive fun.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour to Make 8-10 Kits, 30 Minutes to Create a Garland
You will need the following supplies in EACH kit. Package each set of these materials in a separate bag, one for each participant.
• Classicfelt Rectangles – Red, Apple Green, White (2 Each Color 4 ½ x 6 inches)
• 18 inch Piece of Twine
• Buttons (2 Black, 5-10 Red and Green)
• Small Pieces of Classicfelt (3 x 6 inches) Orange, Yellow, Red, Brown
• Small Pieces of Classicfelt (4 ½ x 5 inches) Black, White
When you make the garlands, you will need to provide scissors and Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue.
Here are the directions for making a garland using a kit. I am also providing them for you in a darling little printable that can be added to each bag. You can download and print it HERE.
1. Lay out your green, red, and white rectangles into piles of 2.
2. Glue the piles of two together across the TOP only with Beacon Felt Glue.
3. Use the other pieces of felt to cut out pieces to create a santa (or ornament), snowman (or gnome) and Christmas tree (or grinch).
4. Put the twine between each layer once your glue is dry to create a garland.
5. Embellish with buttons, etc. if desired using Beacon Felt Glue.
Here are a few of the darling ideas using the rectangle bases.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Decorating For the Holidays!