April 22 is Earth Day, we are celebrating all month long and you are invited to celebrate along with us! Did you know that Kunin’s use of recycled plastic bottles in the manufacturing of its PET fiber/felt is reducing waste and contributing to environmental sustainability? My favorite part it produces bright colorful felt to craft with!
The manufacturing process creates a felt that is very sturdy, colorfast and weather resistant. I get to share a quick and easy project to make a Felt Flower Planter. You can plant directly into the bag and hang it outside.
Here is the video to show it is as easy as 123!
Music licensed from Audio Hero. Video Down Red Bud Drive
You will need:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin®Felt Classic, Premium or Corduroy: 1 Pirate Green, 1 Candy Pink
- Fabri-tac Adhesive by Beacon
How to Make It:
- Cut a 3” by 12” strip from the green craft cut. Cut 3” strip in half lengthwise for handles.
- Fold the 6” by 12” piece in half. Overlap ends and glue. Glue along bottom edge to create pocket. Glue strip pieces as handles inside top edge.
- Free hand cut or die cut three or four flower pieces pink. Layer flower pieces and glue to front. Insert a plant and enjoy!
Create larger planters with a larger craft cut or yardage. Match your home décor or flower choices or both!
Did you know you can also line your garden beds or patio with yardage of Kunin Felt? Cover with mulch or stone. Water will go through into the plants, roots are shaded, and weeds deterred. I have all my garden beds lined with felt.
So, join us in a month long celebration of Kunin® Felt products! We would love to see you share on our Facebook page your own felt projects. Post a photo!
Here is to celebrating Earth Day all month long!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt, Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.