Easter is just around the corner and usually I am busy crafting with bunnies but this year I am planning a Unicorn themed party for the grandlittle girls. They love everything pink and pretty!
As always, some quick and easy crafts are a time saver plus we have to make a craft as part of the party. The unicorn wristlet purse is going to be perfect for the little girls!
You will need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™: 1 Black, 1 Candy Pink
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Coordinates: 1 Gold Dot
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Corduroy: 1 White
- ½ yard White Peapod trim by Expo International
- ½ yard Multi Pom Pom trim by Expo International
- 6” Tulle
- 6” Hook and Loop Tape
- Fabri-tac® by Beacon
- Scissors, Ruler, Pins, Pencil, Paper
How to Make It:
- Cut corduroy craft cut in half 9” x 6”. (Makes two wristlets.) Fold piece in half and glue along opposite sides to create pouch.
- Fold 12” of pom pom trim in half and glue at one corner. Cut two 5” pieces of peapod trim and glue along sides.
- Cut a 3” triangle from gold dot felt, two 2” pink ears and thin 3” strips of black felt.
- Glue triangle horn to center top of edge of pouch. Fan fold tulle and tie in center. Pinch together and glue over top of horn. Glue on ears.
- Curve and glue thin strips of black for eye lashes. Trim to desired length. Blush cheeks.
For the party I made a large Unicorn “cake” with felt strips and cardboard covered circles. It will be a fun centerpiece!
The little girls will have cupcakes in these cute Unicorn cupcake holders made from clay pots.
Want to make a something special for a big girl lover of Unicorns? Check out our new project page! Beth Watson created this Unicorn Coffee Cozie and you can download the project sheet here.
Have you heard about the Michaels Challenge? Photography taking place in Michael Stores in the floral aisles. I took the challenge and found a fun sign too!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.