Making pillows with felt creates home decorations that are bright, cheerful and festive. This felt rainbow heart pillow is a fabulous beginner project for someone who is learning to sew. It includes a little hand stitching and a little on the machine too. I love the felt hearts. Making hearts from my leftover small pieces of felt from other projects makes me so happy.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time: 1 Hour
You will need the following supplies:
• 12″ x 18″ craft cuts of Kunin Premium Felt: 2 Blue, 1 White
(square) x 2 and White (10 x 8 inches) to Make Cloud
• Scraps of Classic Felt in Rainbow Colors (for Hearts)
• Buttons in Colors of the Rainbow
• White Ribbon (14″) Tied in a Bow
• 10″ square Pillow Insert
1. Cut two 12″ squares for Pillow. Cut a cloud from the white felt.
6. Stitch on a white ribbon bow.
7. Sew your blue squares together around the outside edge using a zig-zag stitch. Leave the bottom open to insert the pillow form then either hand stitch closed or machine stitch.
8. Ta Da!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Friendship, Rainbows and Hearts!