by Laura Kelly
We love to decorate for all of the holidays and celebrations. This garland is a super simple and quick project that will create a darling decoration for the month of March and St. Patrick’s Day. It can be made to the scale of the downloadable pattern but is darling made in a smaller size too. We didn’t try it but I bet it would super fun made giant sized too. After all, St. Patrick’s Day is an Irish celebration. Giants are know in Irish stories and traditions!
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 30 minutes
You will need the following supplies:
· Premium Felt 9 X 12 (2 to cut into garland pieces) – Sandstone
· Classicfelt 9 x 12 (assorted colors including Kelly Green, Pirate Green, Apple Green, Yellow and Red die-cut decorations on garland pieces)
· Beacon Felt Glue
· 8 Clothespins
1. For the primary garland pieces, cut 4 x 8 inch rectangles. If you want to be fancy, you can cut the bottom ends into points or indents. Use the St Patrick Garland Pattern to create shamrocks and steins in assorted felt colors for the garland. You will need one decoration for each of the four pieces.
2. Use Beacon Felt Glue to add the decoration cut outs to the garland pieces. Let dry completely.
3. Attach the garland pieces to a long piece of ribbon with clothespins. The ribbon should be the length of the place where you are going to hang the garland, at least 20 inches long to fit all four pieces.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Spreading Kindness!