by Julie McGuffee
Let’s rock St. Patrick’s day and celebrate like we’re Irish!
When you have a Cricut® Maker, cutting felt shapes is quick’n easy. You can make an unlimited supply for lots of creative and crafty ideas. With a handful of shamrock shapes, for example, you can decorate garlands, wreaths, gift bags, tags, cards and so much more…..
Skill Level for this project: Beginner +
Time to complete: 2 hours
You will need:
• Kunin® Eco fi Classic Felt, 9” x 12” – Apple Green x 3
• Kunin® Gold Dot Coordinate Felt, 9” x 12” – Black x 3
• Cricut® Maker™ with Rotary blade
• Joy® Iron-on Embroidered letter sheet – Gold
• Expo Intl – Gold tassels x 8
• Tacky glue, or lo-temp glue gun
• Cord – 1 ½ yds
1. Cut 18, 3” Shamrock shapes using the “felt acrylic” setting and rotary blade.
You can download the Shamrock pattern here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oqwj2RgluMNfBinu1GmlwMNgtEvBCV93/view?usp=sharing
2. Cut 8, 4” x 6” black felt rectangles. Fold the strip in half lengthways, then cut from center fold to the outer edge, 2” up from the bottom. Do not discard the triangle pieces.
3. Remove letters – G O O D L U C K – from the letter sheet then, following the manufacturer’s directions on packaging, iron one letter at the center of each felt shamrock shape.
4. Glue each shamrock to a piece of black felt, then glue a second shamrock at the back of the black felt at the top as shown. Spread the glue lightly on the felt with the tip of the glue gun.
5. Fold the shamrock in half over the top of the black felt and glue to the front to create a tab for the cord. Glue the tassel to the back by covering the tassel loop with one of the leftover triangles.
6. Thread the cord thru the loops at the top of each piece, then glue a shamrock to the cord at each end to finish.
Cook up some corned beef brisket for a party platter, serve with a glass of green beer, or Guinness and your friends and neighbors will be green with envy!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classic felt and Kunin® Premium felt non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.