by Laura Kelly
The 2019 Girl Scout cookie theme is superheroes so of course my troop has created a booth to fit the theme. The mini superhero cape and mask decorations are so darling and really add a creative touch to their efforts. This project is simple enough for all levels of girls to do and only requires a few supplies and materials.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour
You will need the following supplies:
• Classicfelt 9 x 12 (Red (Hearts), Apple Green (Capes) Black (Masks)
• Beacon Felt Glue
• Free Printable Pattern
• Sharp Scissors
• Google Eyes
• Hole Punch
• Twine or Thin Ribbon (24 inches for each set)
1. Use the pattern to cut out the cape, mask and heart.
2. Punch holes in the sides of the mask and the cape.
3. Thread a 12-inch piece of twine through the holes in the cape. Tie a 6-inch piece of twine to each side of the mask.
4. Use felt glue to adhere the heart to the cape and the google eyes to the mask.
5. Tie the mask and the cape to a box of cookies.
6. You can also tie the mask and the cape to a jar as a cookie tasting device.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to a successful cookie season!