By: Debra Quartermain
My grand little girls are huge Frozen fans. They love the movie and sing all the songs while playing. The Frozen playsets are a favorite, and what was missing was a base for all the little pieces. Frozen needs snow–and white glitter felt makes a perfect snow! I recycled an old canvas to make a wintry base for the Frozen characters.
You will need:
1 yard Kunin Glitterfelt™: White
12″ x 18” craft cuts Kunin Premiumfelt™: 2 Violet, 2 Lagoon
9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Coordinates: 2 Gold Dot on White
Canvas (I used a 24” square)
Fabri-tac® by Beacon
Scissors, Ruler, Pins, Marker, Chalk and Paper
1. Measure and cut a piece of white glitter felt 6” larger than the canvas. Place white felt piece right side down. Place canvas right side down centered. Fold felt edges over back of canvas one side at a time. Gluing in place. Trim corners and overlap. Glue.
2. Arrange toy parts on canvas. Free hand cut walk ways from lagoon felt. Glue. Add polka dot stones.
3. Free hand cut other pieces for the base, a small pond, layer white and lagoon to make snow drifts.
4. Cut small triangles from lagoon. Place triangles together. Glue center line of triangles. Snip edges to create a tree. Create trees in different sizes and glue where there are spaces to fill.
5. Continue to add details as desired
My grand little girls love their Frozen playground and play with it almost every time they visit. A canvas base is a nice addition to their play and could be adapted to other characters and colorful playgrounds.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.