Gnomes are not only super trendy this year but darling and fun. This felt gnome jar cover creates a decoration that can be used throughout the year but especially during the holiday season. I love that this little project can be used a secret place to hide a holiday gift too. If you are super excited about gnomes, you could make 25 and use them as an advent calendar!
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour
You will need the following supplies:
• Classicfelt 9 x 12 (Red (Body), Grey (Hat),
• White Yarn
• Needle and Thread
• Sharp Scissors
• Felt Glue or Hot Glue
• Ribbon or Twine to Decorate
1. Cut red felt to wrap around jar.
2. Cut grey felt 1 inch wider than body felt with a length as tall as you’d like your hat to be. Fold the felt in half and draw a line from corner to corner. Cut on the line. Match the sides you cut up and sew them together to create the hat.
3. Use white yarn to make a beard. Wrap it around your hand and then tie it together at one end.
4. To make the nose, add a little yarn in the center of a 2 inch square of cashmere tan felt. Use twine to tie it inside (TIGHT) then cut off the excess. Glue it to the bottom of the hat with the yarn beard.
5. To make feet, cut a heart from black felt then cut off the point.
6. Wrap your red felt body around the jar and glue it. Place your hat with the glued on nose and beard on top of the jar. Add a little twine or ribbon to decorate.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Decorating for All the Things!