Happy Thanksgiving Week! I am here with a very fun and quick “Be Merry Holiday Card” project. Let’s get started.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour
You will need:
• 9” x 12” craftcuts of Kunin Classicfelt: 1 of each Apple Green, Red, Yellow, Royal Blue, Black
• 1/2 yard Ric rac in black
• Large Gems in red, yellow, green and blue
• Card (Size A7 – 5 X 7) in white (can purchase a pack of cards/envelopes at your local craft store)
• Hot glue gun and glue sticks or Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
• Gold alphabet stickers (mine are by Chic Tags – this company is based out of my hometown of Madera, California)
• Optional: Sizzix Big Shot and use a die that has a shape that is complimentary to a holiday light. I used a leaf die.
Cut your felt and ric rac pieces:
• Cut your light bulb pieces in red, yellow, green and blue
• Cut the 4 black felt pieces for the light bulb caps
• Cut a piece of ric rack that is longer than 7 inches
You can adhere your alphabet letters to the bottom right edge of your card. TIP: Apply the letters starting at the bottom right edge to make sure your words “Be Merry” will fit.
You will need to glue your ric rac and felt pieces to the card. I would recommend using tacky glue for this. If your ric rac piece is too long, be sure to trim it down to give it a polished look after you have glued it to the card.
Once your light bulbs are adhered, you can then add 2 large gems to each light bulb, use tacky glue to adhere the gem pieces.
Thank you for visiting the Kunin Felt Blog and I would like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving week.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Create Studio Fresno & Founder of Crafty Happy Hour
You are invited to my studio in Fresno, California – stop by my studio, it is located at 1419 M Street in Downtown Fresno. It is open every month on First Thursday (5 pm to 8 pm) and Second Saturday (Noon to 4 pm). I also host craft workshops every Last Friday of the month from 6 pm to 8 pm. If you have family or friends in the area, please spread the word about my studio, we love new crafty friends!