By Laura Bray
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 1-2 hours
This cute little felt, hoop art will brighten up your favorite student’s dorm room and let them know your love it as big as a whale!
- 1 sheet of 12” x 18” Premium Felt in Red
- 1 sheet of 12” x 18” Premium Felt in Lagoon
- Whale Love Pattern by Laura Bray
- Embroidery needle and floss
- 6” square piece of linen fabric
- 4” Embroidery Hoop
- 2” piece of 22 Gauge wire
- Craft glue
1. Use the Whale Love Pattern to cut out the whale from the Lagoon felt and hearts from the red felt. Cut as many hearts as you want to have on the hoop!
2. Pin the whale & the hearts onto the fabric and stitch in place. I used a Back Stitch to attach the whale and a cross-stitch to attach the hearts. Reserve one heart for next steps.
3. Once your whale and your hearts are stitched on, take it out of the hoop. Wrap wire around the outside hoop at the top right or wherever you want your hearts to “overflow” out of the frame.
4. Once wire it secured in place, put the fabric back in the hoop and tighten. Then glue the remaining felt heart onto the end of the wire.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
About Designer Laura Bray
Laura Bray lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their daughter, and a guinea pig named Oreo. She loves to create beautiful and functional projects with felt. To see more of her felt creations, visit her blog at www.laurabraydesigns.com. You can also find her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/laurakbray.