By Laura Bray
It’s going to be a cold winter, so make sure you stay warm with this cute, felt Skating Scarf. Whether you are on the ice, or just on a snowy walk, it’s sure to keep you warm and cozy.
- Eco-fi Plus™ Premium Felt in light blue and white for the scarf.
- Eco-fi Plus™ Premium Felt in light blue and dark blue for the stripes on the scarf.
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut 1 rectangles of white felt measuring 25” x 50”
- Cut 1 rectangle of blue felt measuring 17” x 5”
- Cut out a shape of an ice skate from felt. Hand stitch the applique onto one end of blue rectangle.
- Center and pin the rectangle of blue felt onto the rectangle of white. Stitch along all four sides to attach the blue rectangle onto the white rectangle.
- Cut 4 strips of blue felt, measuring .5” x 5”.
- Cut 4 strips of light blue felt, measuring 1” x 5”.
- Sew alternating strips of light and blue felt onto the scarf. Stich a total of 4 on each end of the scarf. Make sure you lay the stripes directly under the skate applique, leaving approximately 4-5” of the white felt to be cut as fringe.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.