Now, I am not a sewer by any stretch of the imagination, but I have seen a bunch of pillows all over Pinterest recently and I wanted to try a pillow of my own. I decided that Kunin Felt would be the perfect material to start with as it does not need hemmed and is very easy to work with. These two pillows went together in less than an hour TOTAL and look very festive – enough to leave up until the Spring thaw!
- 36” wide bolts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Rainbow Classicfelt™ in Charcoal (1 yard).
- • Fairfield World Crafter’s Choice® Pillow 14″ X 14″
- Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
- Scissors; Pom Poms ½” White (3 bags of 100 each); Sewing Machine; Black Thread; Ruler; Aquarellable Pencil by Stabilo in black.
1. Measure and cut four squares of Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Rainbow Classicfelt™ Charcoal 18” by 18”.
2. Measure and mark 2” in from edges of two pieces of Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Rainbow Classicfelt™ Charcoal connect lines to form a square. Use a light hand with these lines as you do not want to be able to see them through the stitches. Match up a marked square of felt with an unmarked square.
3. Sew around three edges, then stuff with pillow form. Carefully hold down pillow form as you stitch up the last edge. Trim threads. Repeat with second pillow.
4. Measure the center of the pillow and make a mark. Apply pom poms with Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue, let dry completely. Repeat with second pillow.
I hope you have enjoyed my Snowflake Pillow! It is super quick and easy to make two pillows in just an hour AND a great project to make with the kids this holiday season! Change up the pattern of the pom poms to create your very own personalized snowflakes!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Check out the Kunin Felt Instagram for more inspiration! https://www.instagram.com/kuningroupfelt/
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth
One thought on “Snowflake Pillow”
What a great idea Beth! Perfect for all winter!
Pompom design is perfect for the snowflake!
Comments are closed.