Decorating the table for a holiday dinner, party or get together is always so fun. This Christmas tree table decoration can be done in a variety of colors and styles determined by felt choices and ribbons/buttons. I tend to lean more towards the green and red traditional colors so this version makes me happy. My Girl Scout troop made bunches of these to sell next weekend at the annual craft festival. Because this is a beginner sewing project, it is a perfect one for middle school girls.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour
You will need the following supplies:
• Classicfelt 9 x 12 (2 Pirate Green or Apple Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow)
• Christmas Tree Pattern
• Sewing Machine
• Needle and Thread
• Sharp Scissors
• Ribbon and Buttons to Decorate
1. Cut two green triangles using the pattern to create a front and back for the tree. Cut a yellow star and four red ornaments.
2. Cut ribbon and pin it to triangles then sew it down both sides on a sewing machine.
3. Pin red ornaments to each side on top of the ribbon and sew them to triangles.
4. Sew the two triangles together with fronts facing each other down both sides but NOT across the bottom. Flip it inside out.
5. Sew star to top of tree either by hand or on the machine. Sew buttons onto ornaments.
6. Use your tree to decorate. We have one ready to go right beside our jar of pens for the craft festival next weekend!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Decorating for All the Things!