Back to School time is almost like a holiday around here. The girls gathered in our studio this past week and made things for their teachers to use in their classrooms. This useful and decorative storage garland came out so darling that we just cannot wait to share it with you!
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1-2 Hours
You will need the following supplies and materials:
• Kunin Classic™ Felt 9” x 12” Craft Cuts – 4 pieces (Variety of colors)
• 1/2 yard Ribbon
• Pair of Old Jeans
• 5 Curtain Ring Clips
• 24”-30” Curtain Rod
1. Cut the jean legs into 6-8 inch segments.
2. Cut out felt shapes and designs to sew on to the denim pockets.
3. Cut each denim segment down the back in a straight cut so it will lay out flat.
4. Sew a felt shape to the front part using a zig-zag stitch.
5. To turn it into a pocket, sew it inside out back up on that straight line, flip it and then zig-zag stitch across the bottom to make the bottom of the pocket.
6. Do this for all of the pockets you plan to put in your garland. Add curtain clip rings to create a place to hang the pockets on a rod.
7. Hang your pockets onto a curtain rod and fill them with supplies. This makes a darling and super useful decoration for a classroom or a home study space.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Joann Fabric and Craft Store; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Creative Decorations with Purpose,