Pumpkins make great décor for Halloween, autumn and Thanksgiving. This felt pumpkin hoop art is a simple crafting project that creates a darling decoration for the season. A very easy and fun project to make with a Scout group or any group.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 hour
You will need the following supplies:
• 6” embroidery hoop
• 9” x 9” burlap square
• 9” x 12” craft cuts of Classicfelt in Pirate Green, Orange, Pumpkin Spice and Brown
• 18” of grossgrain ribbon
• Sharp scissors
• Orange embroidery floss and needle
1. Place embroidery hoop over the burlap.
2. Cut around the hoop to trim off all excess burlap. Cut a green strip of felt for grass to fit inside the hoop and glue it down at the bottom of the hoop (use the metal component of the hoop as the top).
3. Cut out a couple of small 4-5” pumpkins from the orange felt and a couple of stems from the brown. Glue them down. Cut out hearts to fit inside the pumpkins from pumpkin spice felt and stitch them to the pumpkins.
4. Add small rectangle pieces of green felt to the grass to add personality and dimension.
5. Glue green buttons to the place where the stems meet the pumpkins.
6. Tie a large bow with grosgrain ribbon around the metal component to the embroidery hoop.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Here is to crafting with kids!