The countdown has begun. Christmastime is coming soon. This Ho Ho Ho Santa Claus is pretty easy to create and darling to use in decorating a wreath or as an ornament on the tree. We like to make new ornaments every year to tie on our gifts for family and friends and this year, we are making these.
You will need a few things:
- 9″ x 12″ craft cuts of Kunin Classic: 1 Red, 1 White, 1 Cream
- White Pom Pom Trim (3 inches tied in a ball)
- Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Floss and Needle
- Buttons (1 large red and 2 small black)
- 8″ Ribbon
- Fabric Glue
- Scissors, pins, ruler
From Red cut a Santa Hat (I used my Santa Hat die from Ellison Education to make one)
From White cut:
Strips that are 6 inches by ½ inch for the beard.
Strip that is 1 inch by 8 inches for the mustache.
Small pieces to create the hat fluffy rim and ball.
From Cream cut 3 inches by 4 inches for face.
1. Sew your white felt pieces to the hat.
2. Sew the black buttons to the tan piece of felt for eyes.
3. Sew the long strips on the tan piece to create the first step of the beard.
4. Fold the strips up and sew them to the face. Then add the mustache by folding the larger strip and adding the red button.
5. To add the pom pom to the hat, use fabric glue.
6. Trim all of your threads and add a ribbon to the top of the hat.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Creating Holiday Magic through Crafting,