By Laura Bray
These sweet violets are a perfect for Springtime crafting. Use them to decorate your Easter table or present them as a beautiful gift for your mom on Mother’s Day.
- Felt Violet Pattern (PDF Pattern)
- Rainbow Classic™Felt in Orchid and Lilac for the flowers and Olive for the leaves
- Mini terra cotta pot (2.5” tall)
- 2.5” Smoothfoam Ball
- Straight pins with purple heads
- White buttons from Buttons Galore and More
- Bee Buttons from Buttons Galore and More
- Using the PDF pattern Felt Violet Pattern, cut 2 purple flower shaped for each flower. I made 12 flowers, so I cut 24 violet shapes. 6 in light purple felt and 6 in dark purple felt. Also cut 12 green leaf shapes.
- Place Smoothfoam ball into terracotta pot.
- Stack a light flower shape onto a dark flower shape. Place a leaf beneath. Add a button to the top of the flower.
- Attach to the Smoothfoam ball by pushing a straight pin through one of button holes, the felt flower pieces and finally the leaf into the ball.
- Continue to attach all your flower pieces. Allow some to overlap to create fullness.
- Thread the bee button onto a straight pin and stick into the ball, having it hover slightly above the felt blooms.