by Laura Kelly
It is that crazy sweet time of year again when girls all over the country are out selling Girl Scout cookies. They have set goals and are working on learning how to market and run a business. They are raising money to do amazing things like travel, learn and explore. This no-sew felt Girl Scout COOKIES garland is an easy way to decorate a cookie booth, you know the booths that the girls have set up in front of grocery stores. It is quick and requires NO SEWING so can be done easily by a beginning crafter or kids.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour
You will need the following supplies:
• Premium Felt 12 x 18 Cashmere Tan (3 Pieces)
• Classicfelt 9 x 12 (Red (Hearts), Kelly Green (Letters) Copper Canyon (Wiggle Stripes)
• Beacon Felt Glue
• Sizzix Big Shot Machine and Letter Dies (Or Pattern)
• Sharp Scissors
• Ribbon 48 inches Long
1. Cut Cashmere Tan Premium felt into 6 x 12 inch rectangles. You will need 7 of them.
2. Apply a thick line of glue across the top of each rectangle then fold it over about 1 ½ inches to create a pocket.
3. Cut the brown felt into wavy strips about ½ inch wide. You can use wavy scissors if you have them to make it easier.
4. Cut out the letters to spell C-O-O-K-I-E-S from the green felt.
5. Glue the wavy stripes and the letters to the rectangles to decorate them.
6. Put weight on the folds to support strengthening the bond. Add red felt hearts and ta da, you have a garland.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to a Successful Cookie Season!!!