by Rina Gonzales
Happy New Year, I hope you are doing wonderful with any of the “good things” a new year brings – be it a new vision board, craft room organizing and healthy new habits. This month I am excited to share a craft that will kick off your crafting for your “Deer Valentine”.
Here is my supplies list for my project:
• Kunin Classic felt in Cashmere Tan, Red, White, Candy Pink and Cocoa Brown
• Die cuts in Cashmere tan for circle/face and ears
• Hand cuts in Candy Pink for inner ears
• Die cut of bow tie in Candy Pink
• Die cut of small flowers in Red
• Die cut and then hand cut the inner circle/face in White
• Die cut of tiny hearts in White
• Hand cut small eyes in Cocoa Brown
• Off-white A2 Greeting Card
• Tacky Glue
• Brown button for nose
• Optional: Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Die cut and hand cut your felt pieces. This project is so fun, it can easily be crafted with hand cuts and would work for other parties and holidays such as a birthday party, baby shower, fall crafting and of course, winter holidays!
Next, glue the felt pieces with tacky glue in the following order to your greeting card:
• Glue the circle/face in Cashmere Tan to the card
• Glue the ears in Cashmere Tan to the card
• Glue the inner circle/face in White (after hand cutting) to the Cashmere Tan circle
• Glue the Red flowers to the top of the Cashmere Tan piece
• Glue the Candy Pink ribbon at the bottom of the circles
• Glue the inner ears in Candy Pink on top of the Cashmere tan pieces
• Glue the small White hearts to the centers of the Red flowers and Candy Pink Ribbon
• Glue the small eyes in Cocoa Brown to the White portion of the face
Last, you can tacky glue your brown button (the nose) to the bottom White portion of the face.
Thank you for visiting the Kunin Felt Blog, I hope you have a very fun time using this Valentine project for your family and friends!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Create Studio Fresno & Founder of Crafty Happy Hour
You are invited to my studio in Fresno, California – stop by my studio, it is located at 1419 M Street in Downtown Fresno. It is open every month on First Thursday (5 pm to 8 pm) and Second Saturday (Noon to 4 pm). I also host craft workshops every Last Friday of the month from 6 pm to 8 pm. If you have family or friends in the area, please spread the word about my studio, we love new crafty friends!