By Katie Berry
February will be here before we know it and so will Valentine’s Day! It was one of my favorite times of the year when I was growing up. Now I love seeing what Valentine’s the kids get to give to their friends. Every year my kids are given the task of creating their own Valentine’s box for school. I’ve decided to change it up from the classic decorated shoe box and make this super easy Valentine’s Holder Hoop.
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 1 hour
9” x 12” Kunin Classic Felt Craft Cut: (1) White, (1) Candy Pink, (1) Fuschia
1 ft. of Lorelli ¾” PomPom Fringe Trim from Expo International
8” Embroidery Hoop
Dimensional Fabric Paint: Yellow, Blue, Green
Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue Stick
How I made it:
1. Hot glue the pompom trim to the longest edge of the Fuschia piece of felt.
2. Loosen the screw on the embroidery hoop and remove the top hoop.
3. Place the white piece of felt over the bottom hoop and then place the fuschia piece with the pompom trim 2 inches lower than the top of the white piece of felt.
4. As you are getting ready to replace the top embroidery hoop, pull on the top part of the fuschia felt so that you create a loose pocket.
5. Replace the top hoop securely on the bottom hoop.
6. Before you tighten the screw, give the fuschia felt a little tug around the bottom of the embroidery hoop so that it gives you more room in your pocket. Then tighten the screw.
7. Turn the hoop around and trim the excess felt from the back.
8. Cut a heart from the Candy Pink felt. Use the hot glue gun to glue the heart to the white background.
9. With a fabric marker, write a message on the fuschia felt. I wrote Happy Valentine’s Day.
10. Trace over the letters using dimensional fabric paint. I added my name to the heart with the blue paint and then I added the green paint to the embroidery hoop. My choices of fabric paint came from the pompom trim that I used!
I hope you are ready for Valentine’s Day. Maybe you will use my idea of a Valentine’s Holder Hoop to help inspire your own! There are plenty of colors that you can use for felt, dimensional fabric paint and trim! Hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
A Sweet Berry Designs