November is here and it is almost time for turkey! Create this darling turkey character to decorate a memo board or welcome sign for the upcoming festivities! The kids could also make them as a Thanksgiving activity.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 30 Minutes
You will need the following supplies:
• Classicfelt 9 x 12 (Cashmere Tan (Body), Orange, Yellow and Olive (Feathers), Red (Gobble), Copper Canyon (Legs)
• Google Eyes
• Sizzix Big Shot Machine and a Laura Kelly Leaf Die or Pattern (see below)
• Sharp Scissors
• Felt Glue
• Ribbon (12 inches)
1. Cut a circle from the cashmere tan felt that is four inches in diameter for a body. Cut leaves with the Laura Kelly leaf die from Sizzix in orange, yellow and olive. Cut a gobble from the red and a beak from the yellow. Cut legs from the copper canyon. If you do not have a SIzzix machine or the die, you can use the pattern.
2. Use felt glue to put the pieces together.
3. Add ribbon with felt glue to create a hanger for the turkey.
4. Add the turkey to a menu board to decorate it for the holiday!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Decorating for All the Things!