Spiders and pumpkins and candy corn, oh my! This DIY felt and clay wreath screams Halloween! Today I am excited to share with you how I used Kunin® Felt and Sculpey® Clay to create this fun and festive wreath! Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get started!
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 2 hours
You Will Need:
• Kunin® Classic Felt 9” x 12” – Orange and Purple
• 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Metallic Dot Coordinates™ in Black
• Sculpey® Soufflé™ Multipack – 12 pc
• Sculpey® Essential Tool Kit – 11 pc
• Sculpey® Work n’ Bake Clay Mat
• 12” Grapevine Wreath
• Hot glue gun
• Ellison SureCut Die – Leaf, Maple #2 – Large Item (#23809-LG)
• Ellison Prestige Pro Machine
1. Experimenting with different mediums and materials is fun and relaxing, and it is a great way to express creativity. Kunin® felt and Sculpey® clay are two of my favorite materials to combine with one another. I decided to create a Halloween wreath to hang on my classroom door. Using a Sculpey® Soufflé™ Multipack – 12 pc, I created a pumpkin, spider, and a candy corn! I used the Sculpey® Essential Tool Kit – 11 pc to create each object. The Sculpey® Work n’ Bake Clay Mat was the perfect surface to work on and it goes right into the oven, too!
2. When you are finished creating the Halloween-themed objects, simply preheat the oven to 275°. Place the Sculpey® Work n’ Bake Clay Mat on a metal cookie sheet and place in the oven. Cook your clay creations for 30 minutes per ¼ inch of clay. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and allow the cookie sheet to cool.
3. While your clay creations are cooling, use your Ellison Prestige Pro Machine and Ellison SureCut Die – Leaf, Maple #2 – Large Item (#23809-LG) to die cut leaves in Kunin® Classic Felt 9” x 12” in Orange and Purple and 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Metallic Dot Coordinates™ in Black. I recommend about 6 leaves per color; however, this depends on the size of the wreath.
4. I purchased a 12” grapevine wreath from my local craft store. Arrange the felt leaves onto the grapevine wreath and adhere with hot glue.
5. Adhere your clay creations to your wreath with hot glue. Hang the wreath in the desired location and enjoy!
Kunin’s Corduroy felt can be purchased in 9” x 12” Craft Cuts. You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.