I love crafting for fall – there are so many beautiful colors of fall like orange, purple, burgundy and forest green. My craft project for October is an “Eat More Pie” greeting card. This pumpkin pie craft card will make a great craft project for your “Friendsgiving” gatherings and you can personalize it in many different ways.
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 1 hour
• 1 – 9” x 12” Craft Cut of Kunin Classic in Cashmere Tan
• 1 – 9” x 12” Craft Cut of Kunin Classic in Orange
• 1 – Pack of Greeting Cards with Envelopes in White
• 1 – Pair of Scissors
• 1 – Fine Tip Pen in Black
• 1 – Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
• 1 Bottle of Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
1. Cut a triangle piece of cashmere tan for the bottom crust of the pie. The triangle should be 2” wide at the top and 3 ½” in length, measured in center from top to tip.
2. Cut a rectangle of cashmere tan for the top crust. I should be ½” tall and 5”- 6” in length.
3. Cut a triangle of orange for the pie filling. The triangle is 2” wide and 2 ¾” in length.
4. Glue the orange pie filling triangle to the bottom crust triangle.
5. Glue the top crust rectangle to the pie slice, making it look like a crimped pie edge by scrunching it as you hot glue it. TIP: If you end up needing more crust (because you scrunch too much) just cut more felt and add more! I had to do this because my initial piece was too short; the good thing is that you can’t tell if you add more because the scrunches will hide it.
6. Position and glue the completed pie slice to the front of the card.
7. Once the glue is dried, add a message to below the pie piece. I like any of these quotes that relate to pie:
• Eat more pie
• Just a slice
• For my pumpkin
• Let’s eat
Thank you for visiting the Kunin Felt Blog and I hope you are enjoying the season of fall crafts, gratitude and yummy pumpkin-everything.
Owner of Create Studio Fresno & Founder of Crafty Happy Hour
You are invited to my studio in Fresno, California – stop by my studio, it is located at 1419 M Street in Downtown Fresno. It is open every month on First Thursday (5 pm – 8 pm) and Second Saturday (Noon to 4 pm). If you have family or friends in the area, please spread the word about my studio, we love new crafty friends!