Fall and Halloween are two of my favorite times of the year because that means pumpkins, colorful leaves, and candy! I’m always looking for a fun, creative fall-themed bulletin board to display in my classroom. This festive, fall bulletin board is fun and easy, and your students will enjoy it too!
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 1 hour
You Will Need:
• 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Corduroy™ in Orange, Red, and Yellow
• Big Tree Bulletin Board Set
• Leaves & Acorns Cut-Outs
• Orange with Polka Dots Straight Borders
• Pacon® Fadeless® Weathered Wood Paper Roll
• Ellison SureCut Die – Handprint, Child (Basic Beginnings) – Large
• Ellison Prestige Pro Machine
1. Trace your student’s hand on a piece of 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Corduroy™ in Red, Orange, and Yellow using a fabric marker. If you are limited on time, I recommend using your Ellison Prestige Pro Machine and Ellison SureCut Die – Handprint, Child (Basic Beginnings) – Large to die cut each hand using 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Corduroy™ Red, Yellow, and Orange.
2. Cover your bulletin board using Pacon® Fadeless® Weathered Wood Paper Roll. Add Orange with Polka Dots Straight Borders to the outer edge of your bulletin board. I love how the weathered wood paper and orange polka dot border compliment one another.
3. Staple the Big Tree Bulletin Board Set to your bulletin board. Add your students’ handprints to the branches of the tree. I also used the Leaves & Acorns Cut-Outs to add more detail to the tree and to give it more character.
4. Add some leaves and acorns to the bottom of your bulletin board and add your favorite fall saying to your bulletin board display. I chose “Fall into Learning”.
Kunin’s Corduroy felt can be purchased in 9” x 12” Craft Cuts. You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.