Fall is here and it’s time to enjoy hot coffee and long walks in the cooler weather! What better way to take your coffee on the go, but with a felt pumpkin coffee sleeve! As I get older, there are certain things that I love and crave: the fall, pumpkins and coffee!
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 1 hour
9” x 12” Craft Cut of Kunin Corduroy Felt: Walnut (1), Orange (1)
9” x 12” Craft Cut of Kunin Classic Felt: Sandstone (1)
Embroidery Thread in complementary colors
Felt Pumpkin Coffee Sleeve
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Sticks
Hook and Loop Fastener(I just used the side with the hooks)
1. Print out the pattern and cut the shapes out.
2. Using the paper cut outs, either trace, pin or just hold in place to cut out the coffee sleeve, pumpkin and stem.
3. With the embroidery thread and needle, add stitches to the pieces. TIP: For the coffee sleeve, I did a basic blanket stitch. For the stem, I did a basic whipstitch. For the pumpkin I used a backstitch.
4. Warm up to hot glue gun and add glue sticks.
5. Wrap the coffee sleeve around a coffee cup to determine where to place the hook fastener. Add the hook fastener, using hot glue to the outside of the coffee sleeve to one end.
6. Glue the pieces together. TIP: I glued the stem to the pumpkin and then glued it to the cozy sleeve.
Now it’s ready to add to your hot coffee cup!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.