By Laura Bray
Skill Level: Beginner
Completion Time: 2 hours
- Twelve (12) sheets of 12” x 18” Premium Felt in Red
- Two (2) sheets of 12” x 18” Premium Felt in Olive
- Large floor pillow-mine measures 32” in diameter. If yours if smaller, simply make your own petal pattern to fit your pillow. You may also need to adjust the number of petals you need based on your pillow size!
- Petal Pattern by Laura Bray PDF attached
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Large yarn pom pom
1. Print out the petal pattern and cut out petals from the sheets of Red Kunin Felt.
2. Using the same petal pattern, cut two leaves from the Olive Kunin felt.
3. Heat up your hot glue gun. A low-temp glue gun and glue works best with felt. Be careful not to burn yourself and use a test piece of felt to make sure the felt won’t melt with your glue gun! You can also use craft glue if you prefer not to use a glue gun.
4. Apply a short line of glue at the petal base and then carefully pinch together. Remember the glue is hot! I recommend using silicone finger protectors-you can find them in your local craft store where glue guns are sold.
5. Continue gluing all the petals and the leaves.
6. Lay out the petals and leaves on the top of your floor pillow to see how they will look best. Take a photo for reference and then remove the petals.
7. Use your photo for reference to hot glue the petals and onto your pillow top. I stated with one layer of petals and the leaves, then tucked additional petals in to fill in the gaps.
8. Hot glue a pom pom into the center of the flower.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
About Designer Laura Bray
Laura Bray lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their daughter, and a guinea pig named Oreo. She loves to create beautiful and functional projects with felt. To see more of her felt creations, visit her blog at www.laurabraydesigns.com. You can also find her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/laurakbray.