by Rina Gonzales
I have a very fun craft for you, some simple DIY Greeting Cards – perfect for Spring and Summer! This craft will make an excellent kids craft project or a fun Crafternoon event for crafty friends.
Skill Level: Basic
Completion Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 – 12” x 18” Craft Cut of Kunin® Premium in Red
- 1 – 9” x 12” Craft Cut Kunin® Classic in Orchid
- 1 – 9” x 12” Craft Cut Kunin® Classic in Apple Green
- 1 – Tulip Beads in a Bottle (or Tulip Puff Paint) in Gold,
- 1 – Tulip Beads in a Bottle (or Tulip Puff Paint) in Green
- 1 – Tulip Beads in a Bottle (or Tulip Puff Paint) in Purple
- 1 – Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- 1 – Basic Shapes Bigz XL Die Small Circles (1/2”)
- 1 – Bottle of Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- 1 – Pair of Scissors
- 5” x 7” Kraft colored greeting cards (size is approximately 5” by 7”)
- Assorted Sheets of Scrapbook Paper
Prep your Kraft card with a piece of wood grain scrapbook paper. I really like how the look for the card will be earthy and the felt will provide a pop of color. You can adhere the scrapbook paper to the Kraft card with glue or double-sides tape adhesive.
Next, hand cut and die cut your strawberry felt pieces. TIP: I always cut larger and then trim down, cutting Kunin felt is so easy – for smaller pieces I recommend that you use a smaller pair of scissors. After your pieces are cut, you can then arrange them on your card. Once you are ready to glue them in place, use your tacky glue to do so.
After you have your pieces glued down to your card, you can now add the final touches using Tulip Beads in a Bottle (or Tulip puff paint) to add some additional dimension to your project. Be careful as you paint — you do not want to smear it when you are putting it on or letting it dry. TIP: I have a fan in my studio and once projects are ready to dry – I set them by the fan for 15-20 minutes. You will need to see how long it takes for your puff paint to dry, but I would recommend at least 20 minutes of dry time. After the paint is dried, if you want to add a fun “Happy Birthday” or “Thank you” stamped sentiment – you can add that for a final touch as well.
The cards are so much fun and there are many more possibilities – you could make oranges, cherries, lemons, bananas, apples and so much more.
Thank you for visiting the Kunin Blog and have a great time crafting up some fun earth-friendly projects. You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Happy Crafting – and enjoy making these very fun Greeting Cards with Kunin Felt.
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour