When we go out on adventures, whether in the woods or in the city, we always bring water. These DIY water bottle holders are tons of fun to create and allow girls to add their personality to their creations. I love these because they are super sturdy and can be washed in the washing machine.
For each water bottle carrier, you will need the following supplies:
(All pieces cut from Kunin Felt Premium, Classic or Corduroy 9” x 12” craft cuts in colors of your choosing) So many choices every bottle holder will be unique!
- Felt Square – (9 x 9 inches) to make carrier for standard water bottle
- Felt Strap (1.5 x 48”)
- Felt and Fabric Scraps for Decorating
- Embroidery Floss and Needles
- Sewing Machine
1. Decorate your water bottle carrier. Use the felt and fabric scraps to cut out designs then stitch them to your fabric square towards the top, leaving at least 2 inches at the bottom.
2. Sew your handle ends to the back of the fabric square (top side) 2 inches in from each side.
3. Sew around the sides and bottom of the carrier (inside out). Add stitching across the corners on the bottom as show.
4. Flip your bottle carrier back right-side out. Ta Da!
Here is another darling one.
There are so many awesome Girl Scout badges that require time being active and outdoors. One of our favorites that we recently earned was Outdoor Art Apprentice. You can be sure that we drank a lot of water during all of the required activities!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Creating,
One thought on “DIY Water Bottle Carriers”
What a great project for a Scout Troop!
Comments are closed.