March is around the corner and with March comes St. Patrick’s Day! Everyone knows that St. Patrick’s Day is a day of green and luck! Not only do we wear green in hopes of not getting pinched, we decorate and celebrate! This adorable embroidered Lucky Four Leaf Clover Hoop Art is perfect for adding Luck and a little green to your home or office.
- 9” x 12” Kunin Felt Classic (1) Minty (1) White (1) Apple Green
- Embroidery Hoop
- Embroidery Floss (Green and multi-colored green)
- Embroidery Needle
- Green Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover Pattern
How I made it:
1. First, I cut out my paper four leaf clover from the pattern. Then I used that to cut out a felt clover from the Apple Green felt.
2. Next, I placed my Minty felt in the embroidery hoop and placed the cut clover where I wanted it. You can glue it in place until you are ready to stitch it in place. I just used my needle to hold it in place until I was ready to sew.
3. Using the lucky pattern, place it behind the Minty felt and put it up to a window or on a light table and trace the word “lucky” on the Minty felt using a pen.
4. Stitch the clover in place. I just used a basic stitch.
5. Using a backstitch, I stitched over my traced letters.
6. Once everything has been stitched, remove the top hoop, readjust the Minty felt if needed and replace the top hoop making sure the felt is pulled tight.
7. Turn the project over and trim the excess felt.
8. Using a hot glue gun, glue a piece of green ribbon around the outside of the hoop.
9. So that you can hang the hoop, I attached a ribbon and a bow to the screw.
I love this Lucky Four Leaf Clover Hoop Art. One of my children has already claimed it and wants me to hang it on the wall in his room!
I hope you like this as much as I do! You can make one and decorate your home or desk at work with this Lucky Four Leaf Clover Hoop Art! Don’t forget your green on March 17th!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.