Summer time usually means vacation time and traveling by car often with the kids! How about a mini version of the Felt Board, a traveling felt board using a hoop to provide a creative and fun activity. Laura Kelly has a super cute collection of Sea Creature Dies with Sizzix and they are perfect for this project!
You will need for each die:
- Laura Kelly Sea Creature Dies with Sizzix
- 9″ x 12″ craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt, 2 Ocean Blue, 1 Lemon Yellow, 1 Smoke, 1 Pumpkin,
- 1 yard white rick rack Expo International Inc.
- 1 yard white Peapod pom pom trim Expo International Inc.
- 8″ hoop
- Beacon Fabri-tac Adhesive
- Dimensional fabric paints
- Scissors, Big Shot and cutting pads
1. Insert one blue craft cut of felt between hoop pieces, tighten and trim off excess.
2. Glue second blue craft cut 1/3 of the way down from top of hoop along edge. Trim off excess creating a pocket.
3. Glue rick rack in pieces to front of hoop for waves as shown. Glue peapod trim around edge of hoop.
4. Die cut sea creatures and shells. Embellish with paint. Let dry.
Ta da! as Laura often says, the travelling felt board is done! Just store the extra sea creatures in the back and let the kids enjoy their own mini felt board. They can share pieces, have underwater adventures together.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for visiting!