As we continue to celebrate Earth Day and Spring and a month of flower projects here is a versatile storage bag decorated with a bright daisy chain flower trim. This bag could be made in any size, I chose to make a small bag for my granddaughters to use with their dolls. From collecting refuse to storing small pieces I wanted to involve them in Earth Day.
My two-and-a-half-year-old granddaughter spent an hour picking up and putting items in the bag. We then set it up as a trash bag outside the Ice Cream truck.
You will need:
- 12″ x 18” craft cut Kunin Premiumfelt™: 1 Lagoon
- 1 yard Daisy Flower trim http://www.expointl.com
- 1 yard yellow Peapod ball pom trim http://www.expointl.com
- Fabri-tac and or Felt Glue by Beacon www.beaconadhesives.com
- Scissors, ruler, pins, sewing machine and matching thread (optional)
1. Fold piece of Lagoon in half. Sew or glue around three sides leaving one end open.
2. Fold corners flat and sew across each corner diagonally. Trim corners.
3. Turn bag right side out.
4. Fold top of bag over 2”. Glue peapod trim around turned down edge. Glue flower trim around top of fold. (Add a flower or decorative element to the front. We used scraps to make a flower.
We have an awesome give away with flowers, flowers and more flowers, Sizzix dies by our favorite designers Laura Kelly and Eileen Hull and a huge pile of Kunin Felt, a prize valued at $200! All you have to do is comment with what you are doing for Earth Day and tell us what your favorite flower is. Winner will be announced at the end of Earth Day April 22.
Join us in our month-long celebration of Kunin felt products! We would love to see you share on our Facebook page your own outdoor felt and flower projects.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Here is to celebrating Earth Day and “It is Coming Up Flowers” all month long!