We have enjoyed hanging out at Camp Doll Diaries (www.dolldiaries.com) all summer and seeing many of the great felt projects being created. We are very pleased to sponsor At the Aquarium week. McKayla had so much fun at the Aqaurium she is now enjoying a day at the beach collecting seashells and exploring the shore. Create this seashore scene with a foam core sheet and Trifold display board covered with felt. Die cut shells and sea creatures can be arranged on this felt board scene for added play value! The cute sun and sea creature dies are designed by our Design Team member Laura Kelly for Sizzix. Our Eco-fi brand felt products die cut easily.
Here is what you need:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, Brilliant Blue
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi Prestofelt™, 1 Copper Canyon, 1 Yellow, 1 Lime Green, Fuchsia, Red
- 1 yard of cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Premiumfelt™, White
- 1/3 yard of cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, Cashmere Tan, Lagoon Blue
- Hook and Loop adhesive circles
- Seashell, Sun, Sea Creature Die cuts Sizzix (www.sizzix.com)
- 1 Trifold Display board
- 1 20” x 30” Foam Core sheet
- Big Shot, scissors, paper, chalk, Sharpie fine point marker, ruler
- McKayla’s outfit can be found here. (http://kuninfelt.wpengine.com/2014/08/05/garden-blossom-doll-dress/)
1. Cut a 32” by 38” white piece to cover display board. Cut a 10” by 30” lagoon piece for water. Cut a 12” by 30” tan piece for sand. Use scissors to curve edges. Cut four more wavy pieces from tan to make sand dunes and sand levels on the beach. Cut four wavy blue clouds. Die cut sea creatures, sea shells and sun from Prestofelt pieces. Cut three 5” by 3” pieces of lime and fringe for grass.
2. Cover display board with white felt folding excess felt evenly over back of top and bottom. Use hook and loop fasteners to hold felt in place. Refer to photo to add blue clouds, sun, grass and sand dunes. Clouds may be glued or just pressed in place. Be creative arrange elements how you would like.
3. Place lagoon piece on foam core. Overlap with tan sand piece. Refer to photo as guide to adding other elements. Add your doll and accessories, have fun!
Check out these great posts from Camp Doll Diaries (www.dolldiaries.com) to see what the Camp bloggers have created with our Eco-fi brand felt!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!