Oh baby, how adorable is this! This baby bear hat is super cute and easy to make. Shaggy is ideal for the bear. The pattern can be enlarged or reduced depending on head size. The pattern given is for an 18” head measurement.
You will need:
- 2 craftcuts Kunin Shaggyfelt™, 1 Cream, 1 Walnut
- 6” x 24” cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Plus™, Candy Pink
- 9” x 12” craftcuts Kunin Classicfelt™, 1 Black
- 1 skein embroidery floss, teal, pink
- 1” Teal button
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Fabric Fusion www.ilovetocreate.com
- Westcott Brand Titanium scissors
- ruler, pins, pencil, paper, chalk, cutting mat, sewing machine, matching thread, embroidery needle, 2-2 ½” circle templates
1. Wash felt first to make softer. Print and cut out pattern pieces. Draw out on back of shaggy with nap running downward, two heads, two outer ears from walnut, two inner ears and 1 muzzle from cream, two eyes and nose from black felt. Cut out all pieces. Cut one scarf piece 3” by 24” and two sets of circles from pink.
2. Refer to photo and place eyes, muzzle and nose in place. Glue down eyes and nose. Embroider a mouth with pink floss. Topstitch inner ears to outer ears and muzzle to face.
3. Right sides together pin ears to top of head front. Place head back right sides together aligning with head front. Sew around curve leaving bottom open. Trim seams, turn.
4. Fold scarf piece in half. Begin pinning at side seam and continue around bottom leaving 2” extending at seam for scarf. Topstitch in place with teal embroidery floss. At side seam gather in scarf with floss and sew button at this point.
5. Place pink circles together in pairs. Topstitch with tea floss. Braid three 12” pieces of floss together.
I love having little ones and babies in the family to design for. Look for more cute kids things coming up. Thanks for stopping by!