Creating sassy and quirky decorations for the holidays is always fun and my Christmas Elf Clothesline Garland is the perfect project to craft up in an afternoon with the kiddos! Makes a great addition to your home décor or create a few to gift to teachers, co-workers and neighbors. Sure to make the recipient smile!
Time: 1 Hour
Skill Level: Beginner
YOU WILL NEED:
- Kunin® Classics™ Felt 9” x 12” Craft Cuts – Red, Neon Green, Apple Green
- Kunin® Glitter™ Felt 9” x 12” Craft Cuts – White
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint by I Love To Create – Red
- Pom Poms – Yellow, Three Small, Two Medium, One Large
- Rick Rack – Medium, Red, Bright Green, Kelly Green
- Clothespins – White, Twelve Mini
- Bakers Twine – Red and White, 48” Length
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- E6000 Fabri-Fusion
- Plain Paper, Computer and Printer
- Permanent Marker or Straight Pins
- ELF CLOTHESLINE PATTERNS by Creatively Beth
Download and print Elf Clothesline patterns HERE. Cut out patterns with scissors. Attach patterns to felt with straight pins according to instructions on pattern sheets and cut out with scissors. You can also trace the patterns on to the felt with a permanent marker, just make sure to cut along the inside edge to create a clean finished project.
Attach red felt trims to the Elf booties, hat and shirt with glue gun and glue sticks. Attach one large pompom to top of Elf hat, two medium pom poms to tip of Elf booties and three small pom poms to Elf shirt with glue gun.
Using fabric glue, adhere red rick rack to top of socks and undies, Kelly green rick rack to sleeves and bottom of shirt and bright green rick rack to top and legs of pants. Set aside to dry.
Create stitches on undies, foot and heal accents to socks with red dimensional fabric paint. Set aside to dry.
Measure and cut a 48” length of bakers twine. Lay out Elf clothes on work surface and attach to bakers twine clothesline with small white clothespins.
I hope you will use my Christmas Elf Clothesline Garland project as a jumping off point to showcase your Kunin Creativity and create some fun and colorful home décor this holiday season! Switch up the colors to match YOUR home’s décor, the possibilities are endless!
Felt is an easy, versatile and forgiving medium which allows you to create affordable but trendy projects whether you are a beginner or an expert crafter!
Thanks for stopping by!