Summer is coming which means lots of day trips and visits to the pool. This cactus zipper pouch is the perfect size for a pair of sunglasses but could also be used for sunscreen, money and lip gloss.
Skill Level: Intermediate, Time: 1 Hour
You will need the following supplies:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classic Felt: 1 Pirate Green, 1 Pink, 1 Black
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Glue
- Embroidery Floss and Needle (White, Green, Pink)
- 3 inch zipper
- Download and print the pattern.
- Cut two green felt cacti using the pattern. The best way is to pin the felt to the pattern.
- Sew white stitches on one of the cacti.
- Stitch black circle and pink circles to the cactus with white embroidery floss.
- Glue the zipper with Fabri-Tac to the bottoms of the two cacti as show in photo. Put a line of FabriTac around the outside of the cactus and over the arms too.
- Fold the cacti together into one cactus and let the glue dry. Stitch around the outside with green embroidery floss to give it that handmade stitched look.
- The zipper works great allowing access for items to be in safekeeping.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Yay for summer fun!