Teacher Appreciation happens every spring with a week dedicated to celebrating educators. It is usually the second school week of May. This darling apple wand is a perfect little DIY gift for the teachers you love. They can use it as a “magic” wand in the classroom in a variety of ways.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 20 minutes
You will need the following supplies:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Premium Felt (Red, Pirate Green, Walnut)
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Glue
- Red Pom-Pom Trim from Expo International
- Wood Ruler
- Sizzix Die-Cut Machine and Laura Kelly Apple Die
- Use die cut machine to cut out a red apple. Use the die cut machine to cut out a green leaf and a brown stem. Trim the leaf and stem to fit the apple base. If you don’t have access to a die cut machine, you can draw an apple and use your own pattern!
- Glue the leaf and stem to the apple.
- Add red pom-pom trim to the apples using Fabri-Tac glue.
- Glue the apple to the ruler to complete the wand.
- Add the wand to a teacher gift or tape it to a card. It is darling in this handmade felt container.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Reminding Teachers How Much They Matter!