Trading S.W.A.P.S. (sdfds) in Girl Scout is always fun to do at events, camps and meetings. It is especially meaningful when it is connecting to making a difference. This Earth Day Flower seeds S.W.A.P.S. is super simple to make so would work with all levels all the way down to Daisies.
Skill Level: Basic, Time: 20 minutes
You will need the following supplies:
- Classicfelt 9 x 12 (assorted colors including Apple Green, Yellow, Orange, Brilliant Blue, Copper Canyon, Fuschia)
- Beacon Felt Glue for Kids and/or Glue Gun for Adults
- Pin Backs
- Flower Seeds in Little Zipper Bags
- Printable Tags
- Cut flower stems from Copper Canyon felt measuring approximately 3 inches tall by ½ inch wide. Cut circles in two sizes using assorted colors. (1 ½ inch and and ¾ inch diameter is preferred). Cut leaves from Apple Green.
- Glue a small circle to a large circle then the large circle to a stem.
- Add a button to the small circle and a leaf to the stem.
- Flip the flower over and glue a pin back to the top of the large circle.
- Add a little bag of flower seeds and pin it with the S.W.A.P.S. flower to a printed tag.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premium and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Making the World a Prettier and Happier Place!