I’m here today with a fun and easy “Love My Pet Felt Hoop” project. My sister is a huge dog-lover and when I showed her this project, she wanted to take it home! This project is great because you only need a few supplies and you can create a wonderful home décor piece as a gift or for your home.
Skill Level: Basic
Time: 1 Hour
• 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Coordinates in White Stripe and Yellow
• 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt in Red for the 5-inch heart and Black for the Paw Print
• 8-inch wooden hoop
• Fabric scissors (small and large)
• Felt was cut with these Sizzix XL Dies:
-Flower Layers & Leaves, #557690 (for the paws)
-Eileen Hull’s “Leaves” (for large paw)
• Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Cutting your felt pieces:
• For the Heart – cut a 5-inch heart. I found a heart to trace. You can trace the heart using a Sharpie on the felt.
• For the Large and Small paw pieces (5 pieces) – I used XL Sizzix dies that I had on hand, they were actually leaves and I trimmed them to make them look exactly like paws!
TIP: Be creative with your die cutting systems, you can cut pieces and then trim them down for your project.
I recommend that you place the yellow felt into the hoop (you do not need to cut it yet) and then practice placement of the heart and paw pieces.
Next, you will adhere the felt pieces to the heart and the background piece of felt, I recommend this order:
• Apply hot glue to the heart and then gently place it on top of the background – yellow felt piece.
TIP: You need to be quick and precise with this part of the project, be sure to use the top of the hoop as your guide for centering the heart.
• Add the black paw pieces using hot glue, you do not need a lot of hot glue in order for it to adhere.
You can now trim the background/yellow piece of felt. Be sure to use a pair of sharp fabric scissors and cut slowly. Once you trim the background – your project is done!
I hope you had a fun time learning how to make the “Love My Pet Felt Hoop”. You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area. Thank you for visiting the Kunin Blog.
Owner of Create Studio Fresno & Founder of Crafty Happy Hour
You are invited to stop by my studio in Fresno, California – it is located at 1419 M Street in Downtown Fresno. It is open every month on the First Thursday (5 pm – 8 pm) and Second Saturday (Noon to 4 pm). If you have family or friends in the area, please spread the word about my studio, we love new crafty friends!