By Katie Berry
Father’s Day is right around the corner and homemade gifts are always a good way to go. This #1 Dad Felt Keychain is fun and super easy to make. With some help even the kids can make one!
Skill Level for this project: Beginner + Basic Sewing Skills
Time to Complete: 1 Hour
- 1 – 12” x18” Craft Cut of Kunin® Premium in Lagoon
- 1 – Skein of White Embroidery Floss
- 1 – Needle
- 1 – Cutting Mat
- 1 – Rotary Cutter
- 1 – Cutting Ruler
- 1 – Pair of Scissors
- 1 – Pair of Pliers
- 1 – Mark-a-gone Marker
- Key Fob Hardware
1. Cut a 1.25”x7” strip of felt.
2. Fold the strip in half and use the marker to draw your letters, making sure to leave enough space at the top to place the key fob hardware.
3. Using a needle and embroidery floss, stitch over the markings using a split stitch. Blanket stitch around the outside connecting the front and back of the felt.
4. Place the key fob hardware on the end of the felt. Using a pair of pliers, close the clamp. TIP: Place a piece of felt over the clamp before using the pliers so that it will not scratch the hardware.
Now it’s ready to wrap up and give to Dad!!!
I hope you like this adorable #1 Dad Felt Keychain. This doesn’t just make an awesome Father’s Day gift; you could stitch almost anything on the felt – your favorite word, your word of the year, your name or a friend’s name. Give it to anyone or just use it yourself!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.