Happy Summer Days to you. I love summer because it means days are sunnier, warmer and for me – that means happier! I am making a card today inspired by my summer trip to Greece that I took a few years back. In Greece they have “Evil Eye” bracelets and merchandise in every tourist area. When I returned home, I had 6 different evil eye bracelets! I was truly taken by the beautiful jewels, souvenirs and art that I saw with the evil eye. I have created my own greeting card version based off my trip and a sequined shirt – with an evil eye – that I saw at a recent blogger conference I attended.
Here is my supplies list for the “Sparkling Evil Eye” greeting card:
- Kunin Classicfelt in Black
- Kunin Classicfelt in White
- Aqua sequin trim by Expo International
- Kraft colored card and envelope
- The white felt was cut with the “Leaves” die from Sizzix by Eileen Hull Designs
- Fast Grab Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- White eye – I used the Leaves die and cut the stem off.
- Eye lashes with black felt – I hand cut these pieces.
- Eye tears with black felt and white felt – These were also hand cut.
- Eye pupil with black felt – If you can locate a die, use it. I hand cut mine and it was easy enough! Once it laying on the sequins you cannot tell if it is imperfect in shape.
Adhere the felt pieces to the card using Tacky Glue or hot glue, once you have the felt adhered you can then add the sequins for the eye color. Last, add the eye pupil on top of the sequins using Tacky Glue or hot glue – be sure to be careful if you are using hot glue.
Write you note to a dear friend who would appreciate this beautiful card!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour