Summer has arrived and the warm, sunny weather is here! What’s the one tasty treat that all children love on a hot day in the summer? Popsicles, of course! This felt popsicle craft and free poem printable are the perfect activity to complete on a summer day. However, don’t forget the real popsicles after you finish this creative craft! Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get crafting!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in a variety of colors
- Small pom poms
- Popsicle Sticks
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Bookmark, Plain (Item #A11002)
- Ellison Superstar Machine
- Free Popsicles, Popsicles Poem Printable
2. Choose the colors of felt for your delicious popsicle and decide how you want to decorate your popsicle. Use scissors to cut designs into your popsicle if desired. Fiskars scissors are perfect for this activity and they make cutting felt so easy!
4. Spread the glue around the felt popsicle wherever you would like glitter to stick. Remember not to squeeze too hard as you do not need a lot of glue for the glitter to stick! Sprinkle glitter onto your popsicle over a trash can to prevent the glitter from going everywhere. Add small pom poms and decorate your felt popsicle to your liking using other craft supplies you can find around the house or classroom.
This summer craft is fun, easy, and a great activity for any hot summer day. Let your imagination run wild and create a fun, colorful, and vibrant popsicle that will make your mouth water! Have a great summer!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.