Easter time and peeps just go together. Personally I like the bunny peeps the best. I noticed all over Pinterest felt peep softies are being shared. With the grandlittle girls coming over to craft I decided that making bunny peeps would be a fun craft for them to do.
To create a bunny peep, you will need:
- 9” x 12” craft cut Kunin Eco-FiPlus™ Premiumfelt™, 1 Candy Pink
- Felt scraps for flower
- Buttons, embellishments
- Black fabric paint
- Pink embroidery floss
- 4 oz polyester stuffing
- Fabric adhesive
- Small flower Die and Big Shot by Sizzix www.sizzix.com
- Pencil, ruler, sharp scissors, felt glue, needle and thread, sewing machine or hand sew.
1. Print out a pattern, a search will bring up several cute peep patterns. Choose the one you like the best. Cut out pattern and draw out on one end of felt piece. Fold piece in half with edges even. Sew around peep outline leaving 3” open at bottom. Cut around bunny ¼” from sewing line. Carefully clip between ears.
2. Turn bunny right side out and stuff.
3. Sew opening shut.
4. Die cut flower pieces. Stitch together with button in center. Glue to front of bunny.
5. Use fabric paint to dot on eyes and nose.
These are a very fun activity for children. With all of the colors available make a batch of peeps. My grandlittle girls had fun adding lots of bling and trims to their peeps. It was a very crafty afternoon.
The peeps can be made larger using our ShaggiiChic non-wovens fabric cut by the yard at your local Walmart please inquire as to what is available in your area.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!