Decorating for Holidays and making them special for family and friends, has to be one of my favorite things! I love the festive look of a holiday inspired banner hanging on the mantle; and what could make it better, but adding the unexpected element of being able to swap out the icons for each holiday. Kunin Felt is the perfect medium because it will stick to the hook and loop fasteners – SCORE! I love it when a creative idea transforms into an innovative project!
- Kunin Eco-fi® Glitterfelt™ Craft Cuts 9” x 12” in White
- Kunin Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ Craft Cuts 9’ x 12” in Neon Green and Apple Green
- Canvas Corp Burlap Shape – Pocket (5)
- Tombow USA Xtreme Tabs, MONO Multi Liquid Glue and Fastener Tabs
- Scissors; Aquarellable Pencil by Stabilo in black; plain paper; pencil; braided twine (24”); white glitter letters LUCKY; Gold Paint Pen; White Iridescent Pom Poms (5)
1. Draw a four leaf clover and bunny silhouette on plain paper. Cut out with scissors. Trace five bunnies on Kunin Eco-fi® Glitterfelt™ White. Trace three four leaf clovers on Kunin Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ Neon Green and two on Kunin Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ Apple Green. Cut out all icons with scissors. Attach one pom pom to the bottom center of each bunny with Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue, let dry.
2. Apply Tombow (hook and loop) Fastener Tabs to the back of each four leaf clover. Gently peel backing paper and apply to Canvas Corp Burlap Banner Shapes.
3. Color white glitter letter stickers spelling LUCKY with gold paint pen. Apply letter stickers in the middle of each four leaf clover. TIP: I use this trick all of the time, color white embellishments with paint pens and markers to coordinate with any project!
4. Apply Tombow Xtreme Tabs to top right and left corner of each Burlap Banner Shape. Peel off backing paper and attach braided twine ribbon, leaving 12” at each end and 1” in between Burlap Banner Shapes.
Here are a few detailed photos of the Holiday Icon Interchangeable Banner.
Simply swap out the four leaf clovers for bunnies and change from St. Patrick’s Day to Easter in a flash!
The possibilities for this Holiday Icon Interchangeable Banner are endless. I think that April Showers bring May Flowers might be my next banner theme!
Check out the Kunin Felt Instagram for more inspiration!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth