I love decorating for the holidays as they come around on the calendar each year. The Fourth of July is a holiday that I don’t have many decorations for, so I created this quick and easy USA Fireworks Banner to hang on my mantel – Happy Independence Day!
• 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Rainbow Classicfelt™ in Cadet Blue (2)
• 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Glitterfelt™ in White (1) and Red (2)
• 12” x 18” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Friendlyfelt™ in Royal Blue (1)
• Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® from I Love To Create
• Ranger Ink Stickles™ Glitter Glue in Silver and Crystal
• DesignMaster Color Tool Spray Paint in Flat White
• USA * General’s Scribe-All * All Surface Pencil in white, Chipboard Letters- USA, Jumbo Rick Rack in Red 36” length, Plain Paper, Pencil, Ruler, straight Scissors, Pinking Shears, Sparkle Pom Poms in Red (3), Rhinestones in Red (9), Fiskars Shape Template 4” Star, Buttons in white (6).
1.) In a well-ventilated area, spray chipboard U-S-A letters with DesignMaster Color Tool in Flat White, let dry. TIP: This is a great way to use up chipboard letters that don’t match!
2.) Measure and cut a 10” by 10” by 7” triangle from plain white paper. Trace and cut 3 pennants on Royal Blue Friendlyfelt™ using All Surface White Pencil. Measure three 1” wide strips on Red Glitterfelt™, cut with pinking shears, then cut each strip in half with straight scissors to create 6 strips. Attach red strips to back of each pennant along the 10” lengths with Tacky Glue, let dry.
3.) Measure and cut three 4” by 4” squares from Red Glitterfelt™, White Glitterfelt™ and Cadet Blue Rainbow Classicfelt™. Create fringe by cutting 3” long slits in each square. Attach White, then Blue, then Red fringe in a circle in the center of each pennant with Tacky Glue. Set something heavy on top and let dry.
4.) Trace and cut three 4” stars from Cadet Blue Rainbow Classicfelt™ with pinking shears. Attach to center of each firework with Tacky Glue and outline in Silver Stickles, let dry. Attach U-S-A chipboard letters to the center of each star with Tacky Glue, cover with Crystal Stickles and add three red rhinestones, let dry.
5.) Measure and cut three 1” circles from White Glitterfelt™, attach to bottom point of each pennant with Tacky Glue, outline in Silver Stickles, let dry. Attach a red sparkle pom pom to the center of each white circle.
6.) Attach three pennants to jumbo rick rack with Tacky Glue, leaving a 3” space in between. Attach white buttons to top corners of each pennant. Hang and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth