While at the Creativation Show we had several fun Make and Takes including the Kunin Gnome. This will be available soon as a Printable on the website too. Can’t wait create a Gnome of your very own!
- 12” x 18” craft cut Kunin Premiumfelt: 1 Royal Blue
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt: 1 Red, 1 White
- ½” Cream pom pom
- Red, royal blue embroidery floss
- Felt glue
- Embroidery needle
- White, black pencils
- Pattern (enlarge or decrease pattern to create different sized gnomes.) Gnome Pattern
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Print pattern and cut out pieces.
- Refer to photo and trace pattern pieces on to felt.
- Cut out felt pieces.
- Use three strands of white floss to straight stitch lines in mustache pieces.
- Stitch red line along bottom of blue body and blue lines along hat.
- Place beard in place on body.
- Place hat over beard referring to pattern, adjust if needed.
- Glue both pieces in place.
- Glue mustache pieces to beard.
- Glue pom pom nose in center of mustache.
- Let glue dry.
- Roll gnome into a cone and overlap ends. Glue.
If you do not sew omit embroidery stitches and use dimensional paint.
If you do sew, add more embroidery stitches on beard and body.
Create gnome in holiday colors as a Santa ornament or larger for table decor.
Use hook and loop fasteners to hold the Gnome’s shape and then lay flat for storage.
Kunin Felt is weather resistant and will not fade. Use in outdoor decor.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Have fun with your gnome, we sure did at the show!